Both the novice and the experienced rider have something in common – They haven’t learned it all. Horsemanship is an ongoing learning experience, and horses often mirror exactly where we are lacking confidence, knowledge, empathy or skill.
In order to be perceived as a good partner by your horses, you need to be competent and Honest in your horsemanship. This includes your understanding of the whole horse’s needs.
Jessica can assist you with your horsemanship skills on a holistic basis – Do you understand what your horse’s body is telling you? What does a good, healthy foot look like, and why does that matter? How do you go about building a strong back and topline for carrying the rider? Considering the WHOLE horse is an honest way to achieve a solid relationship as a rider and instructor of the horse.
Riding is merely the skill of staying on, riding well balances your horse’s mind and body. This balance will allow the horse to relax and feel safe, thus a healthier relationship between you and your horse will grow
So you are interested in the “Honest Approach” to horses? Understanding how horses perceive the world around them gives you great insight on how to handle each situation, and enjoy learning about your sensitive equine partner. Jessica can help you develop the skills and knowledge that every equestrian regardless of sport or discipline should have in order to thrive with their horse:
- herd life and social order, and how we fit in
- understanding body language and the silenced horse
- anatomy involved with riding (for the horse AND rider)
- correct use of aids
- ethical groundwork for the mind and body
- saddle, bit, and other equipment fit – including What Not To Wear
- timing and feel – influence a calm partner
- how to define, recognize and change behavioural challenges
- lifestyle and well-being of the naturally kept horse
Every breed of horse and any age/level of rider are welcome and valued. Together we can organize a program that is specific to your goals and interests with your horse.